Thursday, July 5, 2007

Is Survival Preparation Costly?

Is survival preparation costly? It can be. And for those who have the means to buy everything necessary for emergency and disaster survival then do it. Especially if it means that your survival plans can be completed in a very short span of time.



However for those who are trying to prepare while living on a budget, they will need to be a little more creative in their plans. Instead of buying a $50 first aid kit here's what I did:



I found a brand new black diaper bag for $1 at a garage sale. I then spent less than $20 stocking it with basic first aid supplies, many of which I picked up at dollar stores, close-out sales and even a few items at garage sales or thrift stores.



A few items were found around the house: scissors, tweezers, thermometer, bandages, vaseline, lip balm and hand sanitizer. I actually ended up with a kit better stocked that those commerially offered first aid kits.

Next I'll give you a list of exactly what should be in your 72-hour BOB. Don't know what a BOB is...I'll explain tomorrow.

No comments: