With the newest mass murder in Colorado this morning, I began to suspect there might be some curse or demonic principality at work in this state. Just as you can look at a city or area and often perceive the curse or demonic principality, for example when you think of the following cities you probably can immediately identify the spirit over that city (or one of the spirits): Las Vegas/Gambling; Chicago/Corruption; San Francisco/Homosexuality; New Orleans/Decadence; Hollywood/Self-Love; New York/Greed, etc.
So was something similar happening in Colorado? If so, it will show up in a look at Colorado’s history:
- 1864 – Sand Creek Massacre – The militia destroyed a peaceful village of Arapaho and Cheyenne in Colorado Territory. Read the truth about this massacre.
- 1874 - Alfred G. Packer – lead an ill-fated group of prospectors into the mountains where they got snowed in. A few months later, Packer showed up in town saying he figured the others would have beat him into town since he’d been injured and had to stay behind until he could travel. Oddly, Packer was spending money seen taken from many of the wallets he had in his possession, he also only requested whiskey, evidently not hungry. Then an Indian guide on the same trail reported finding strips of meat, which later turned out to be human flesh.
- 1914 – Ludlow Colorado – Nine adults and 11 children in a coal miners’ tent colony were killed by the Colorado National Guard while attempting to quell a labor strike.
- 1955 - John Gilbert Graham – Placed a dynamite time bomb in his mother, Daisy King’s luggage before she left her home in Denver to board a DC-6B airliner for a trip. Ten minutes after the plane took off the bomb exploded killing 44 people, including Mrs. King.
- 1999 – The Columbine High School shooting
Historically, when there was an altercation between settlers or the government forces and Indians, which was unjust and resulted in many native deaths, a curse was spoken against the perpetrators. For instance:
- Curse of Tippecanoe – Also known as the 20-year curse – “…describe the regular death in office of presidents elected in years divisible by twenty, from William Henry Harrison (elected in 1840) through John Kennedy (1960). Ronald Reagan, elected in 1980, was shot and survived; George Walker Bush (2000) survived an attempt on his life unharmed.” – Courtesy of Wikipedia
- The Cherokee Indian’s Curse – When this Cherokee drank from a spring and realized that the water was poisoned, he spoke out a curse on those that he assumed has poisoned the water and the future of the property. The curse seems to have been in a great measure realized. For about half of the time which has elapsed since its occupation by the whites began, the property so cursed has been in litigation. Click here for the full story.
Those are just two examples. Is it possible that as Chief Niwot lay dying after the Sand Creek Massacre that he cursed the citizens of Colorado? Who knows, but I wouldn’t discount it.
So perhaps I cannot pinpoint whether there’s a curse or principality at work in Colorado, but something tells me, that this is probably not the last time Colorado will be in the news with this kind of thing.