Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reap the Whirlwind


Can anyone doubt that something devastating is happening in the United States? This year's tornado season is the worst in recorded history, and perhaps it is time to see what the Word says about tornadoes.

Since the Bible doesn't use the word "tornado", what would be the equivalent? Whirlwind. Doesn't get more descriptive than that. So here's what the Word says about "whirlwind":
For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up. (Hos 8:7)

The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked:
the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. (Nah 1:3)

As I was doing my research, I came up on the following, and I must tell you I got a chill, as I believe this was a timely message from the Lord:
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. (Pro 1:22-27)

God has had it with this Nation's rebellion, scorn, blatant sin and downright evil.


Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
(Jer 23:19) Behold, the whirlwind of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked. (Jer 30:23)

What's the Solution?
National repentance, like Ninevah did when Jonah reported that God was going to judge that nation into oblivion. But to be honest, I don't know but what this nation has passed the point of repentance.

Personally, I can't see the citizens of those cities wallowing in their evil ever repenting. Will those that celebrate their lifestyles in parades, those surviving by violence, or those so depraved that children are disposable, ever repent this side of Hell?


Personally, I don't think so. I think judgment has started and that what we've seen to this point is going to seem like nothing, compared to what's about to happen. In other words...we ain't seen nuttin' yet!


So what is a Christian to do?
You better make sure you repent of those secret sins that keep you from resting in the assurance of God's protection and provision. Then...for God's sake, get prepared.

If you don't know how or where to start, these two groups will be glad to help:
SurvivalHomestead and Psalms91SurvivalHomestead

Search This Blog