Monday, February 18, 2013

Pre-Wrath or Post-Tribulation Rapture

Here's a message I posted in Facebook in response to a question about the timing of the Rapture. I share some insights I believe the Lord has given me (and believe me, I'm not thrilled about some of it!). However, it is what I understand of the Word at this point:

You know, Mike, after the Holy Spirit showed me the truth in the Word, I said I was "pre-wrath" as well. Then a few weeks ago, I was reading Revelation, and while I'd already seen that the 6th Seal and the 7th Trumpet seemed to be describing the same event, I suddenly noticed that the 7th Vial also seemed to be describing the same event: earthquake, darkness, "it's done", sky falling...many, many similarities to the Day of the Lord described throughout the Bible.

I'd already pretty much decided that the Seals were describing a distance view that encompassed a good deal of time, perhaps decades or even a century or two. Then the Trumpets were a closer look at a some events that were closer to the end and happened in a shorter length of time, perhaps decades or years.

I also believed that the Vials happened very quickly, as in when you pour out something it doesn't usually dribble out. Instead the container (vial) empties quickly. So I figure the vials are describing events that happen very quickly, perhaps months weeks or days.

So when I saw the similarity in the 6th Seal, the 7th Trumpet and the 7th Seal, I sought some clarification in the Word.

Most people base a "pre-wrath" designation on the fact that the Bible says we are not "call to wrath". However, since God doesn't change, perhaps there are examples in the Bible of God protecting His people during great judgment. Two off the top of my head: the children of Israel in Goshen when God was pouring on judgment on Egypt. Before that, when He poured out His wrath on the entire earth in the flood. Noah and his family weren't taken out...they were protected in the ark, a symbol of being protected in the arms of God.

Also, I noticed recently something interesting about the 7th trumpet. Rev 10:7  "But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished..." Suddenly I saw "when he shall BEGIN to sound..." To me that implies a span of time involved in the sounding of the 7th trumpet.

Which since the 7th trumpet is the LAST TRUMP which is when the rapture is supposed to occur, it would make sense that we won't know the DAY or the HOUR...but we will know the season. When we see those thing happening, we can know that we are close, and can actually know, as events happen, that we are closer and closer.

Also notice in Rev 10:7 were it says "the mystery of God should be finished..." is similar in meaning to Rev 16:17 the 7th vial where we see "It is done".

Also, in Rev 16:15, we see Jesus saying "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

This is just before the pouring out of the 7th vial. We know that His coming as a thief in night is for those that are NOT watching. But here He say "Blessed is he that watches". To me this implies that the rapture has NOT taken place yet.


Check out this Bible study on the Day of the Lord to see whether the 6th Seal, 7th Trumpet and 7th Vial might possibly be describing the same event. One event, not two or three or more. One Event...the Day of the Lord and the Second Coming and Rapture of the Church all the same.

Search This Blog