Thursday, July 26, 2007

Psalms 91 - Part 3

Psa 91:7 A thousand shall fall (die, fail, perish, rot) at thy side, and ten thousand (abundance, myriad, millions) at thy right hand (south?) ; but it shall not come nigh thee (bring near, attack, approach, overtake).

I don't usually remember my dreams, but I do remember one I had years ago. I was living in a city and some major disaster (manmade) had occurred. I was walking down the streets looking for someone and people were literally lying in the streets, sidewalks and yards dead or dying. Yet I was totally unaffected by whatever it was that was bringing them down. When I woke up I remembered this verse.

Psa 91:8 Only (merely, although) with thine eyes shalt thou behold (consider, look down) and see the reward (retribution) of the wicked (condemned, ungodly) .

We will see the downfall of the wicked. In the times ahead, we will see the wicked literally taken down.

Psa 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge (shelter), even the most High, thy habitation (abode, temple, retreat);

We will only see this and not experience it ourselves if we under the shelter of the Lord.

Psa 91:10 There shall no evil (bad, sorrow, adversity, great grief) befall thee, neither shall any plague (blow, infliction, stripe, stroke wound) come nigh (approach, bring near) thy dwelling (covering, home, tabernacle, tent).

I don't know how no "great grief" will befall, because if tens of thousands are dying around me, I know that I'm going to experience sorrow. But perhaps this is a promise that the Lord will supernaturally protect us from being debilitated by grief?

Since the Word says that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we are to "tabernacle" or rest in the Lord, I don't know if this is saying that our physical home or dwelling will be protected or that only our physical body will be safe from the surrounding plague that is afflicting others?

Search This Blog