Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Flying Thru the Clouds

Last week I flew to Florida. Because I had a window seat I was able to look out as we were flying. At one point the plane ended up flying above the clouds.

Looking up, the sky was a clear blue, while below and ahead were the billowy white clouds. Since I'm one of those type of people that likes to know where I'm going and what I'm going to do, I realized that all I could do was trust that the pilot knew where we were going.

Occasionally I could look out and see the ground directly below, but when I looked ahead, I could only see the white clouds that obscured the ground.

Suddenly I realized that that was a good analogy of my Christian walk especially when it comes to end times prophecy. All I can see most of the time is what is happening right now. Occasionally thru the Word we can get a glimpse of what's ahead, but usually future events are hidden in the mists of time.

That is why it is absolutely vital that I know that Christ is in the pilot's seat, He knows exactly what's ahead and as long as I trust Him I'll get where I'm going. However, I must allow Him to be the pilot, I can't even be the co-pilot...I must just be a passenger, putting my full trust in a Pilot I cannot see.

Who's in your pilot seat? Is it you? If so, how do you know where you're going? Flying by the seat of your pants is not the way to get to your desired destination. You might want to consider inviting Jesus Christ to take the seat and become the Pilot of your life.

Guaranteed the clouds ahead are looking dark and menacing. The only sure way to navigate the looming storm is to trust in your Pilot to get you through.

Search This Blog