Friday, August 15, 2008

End of the Time of the Gentiles?

Last week there was a discussion on the Tribulation Preparedness yahoo group about the significance of 8-8-08. I mentioned that a certain televangelist had really emphasised the importance of 8-8-08, saying that it signified "completion" and a "new beginning".

The question came back: "Well what could be completed?"

When I read the question, the answer that immediately came into my spirit was "the time of the Gentiles".

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

This has been taken to be that unspecified period of time between the 69 weeks of years and the last week of years appointed to the nation of Israel. The last week also being the time of the Tribulation.

When the answer came into my spirit that 8-8-08 signified the end of the time of the gentiles, I immediately replied to the email/post. I then proceeded to read the other responses that had come in prior to my email response.

You can only imagine the jump in my spirit when I opened a post/email from the owner of the group. Her answer to the "completion" signified by 8-8-08 was: "could it be the end of the time of the gentiles?"

I believe that we have indeed seen the end of the time of the gentiles and that very very shortly events will begin to occur which will indicate that the tribulation has indeed begun.

For the United States it could also mean that the time of her judgment is upon her. Historically, whenever God judged Israel for her sins, He used other nations to come against her in war and to spoil her. Since God doesn't change, I believe that America will soon be attacked in a way that will make 9/11 look like a firecracker compared to a nuke.

I cannot get over the feeling, the certainty in my spirit, that the time to prepare has just about come to an end. At that point, if we're not spiritually ready then all our physical preps will be for nothing. However, if we know the Word and have committed our way to the Lord, He will provide.

Search This Blog