Friday, July 13, 2007

Prepare for the Day of the Lord

Part of the reason for this blog is not just to help people prepare for disaster, it's to help Christians prepare to live through the tribulation. Now if you are a believer in the pre-tribulation rapture "theory" then you're going to laugh haughtily and say proudly "but I won't be here!"

No? Are you really sure about that? Have you read it for yourself or are you just accepting what you've been taught? And if you say you've read it for yourself have you read the word like you would read any book, one sentence leading to another to another "and then, after that, etc." or is it a verse here and another verse from somewhere else, with an explanation of why it's a stand-alone verse?

Since I was brought up believing that the "catching away" occured before the tribulation I know the scriptures that are used to support the teaching. Believe me, I much prefer the idea of a heavenly escape route than the thought of persecution, torment, hunger, deprivation and martyrdom.

Imagine my shock when the Holy Spirit led me to search the Word for myself and I found that if I read the Word like I would any other book. One phrase after another leading to the next and taking nothing out of context caused a different picture to emerge as to the timing of the event called the "Rapture of the Church".

Over the next few days I'm going to be giving you scriptures that layout what I discovered in the Word. And lest you think that I'm the only one who believes such a thing, there are a host of Believers around the world that recognize the truth of the Word and do not believe the theory of pre-tribulation rapture.

Although there may be many differing ideas as to when the "gathering of the saints" will occur, most agree that it will take place before the Wrath of God is poured out on what the Bible describes as the day of the Lord. Which also corresponds biblically with the "last trump".

Stick around. You might learn something that could reveal on what shaky ground you are building you and your family's future. And if you are in the ministry you may learn something that will change what you teach your flock. Just remember if you learn the Truth, you will then be held accountable as to what you do with the Truth.

In fact, I urge everyone of you to do the research for yourself. What does the Word really say? In fact, do what I did to get started: on a sheet of paper make three columns and write at the top of the first column "pre-trib", the second column "mid-trib" and the third column "post-trib or pre-wrath". Then list every verse in the Bible that could possibly support each of the various positions. Do that and then come back tomorrow as we begin our study of "The Day of the Lord".

Search This Blog